Sunday, February 25, 2018

Tasting - Belle Glos Pinot Noir


Belle Glos Pinot Noir
Name: Belle Glos Pinot Noir
Variety: Pinot Noir
Region: Santa Lucia Highlands, Monterey, Central Coast, California
Country: United States
Year: 2016
Price: $58

Wine Review: "A rather forceful example of the grape variety, the 2016 Belle Glos Las Alturas Pinot Noir comes through with fine black fruit aroma and flavors. Wood shows up on the palate as the wine completes its journey to its finish. Pair the wine's richness with a well-marbled steak."  90 Points (Wilfred Wong; wine.com)

My Review: My boyfriend surprised me after I took the GRE on Friday and then took me to dinner at 622 North for my birthday.  He picked out this wine and we split the bottle.  This wine was a dark magenta color and very subtle in flavors.  It smelled of a woody raspberry jam, with a hint of blueberries.  It had a slight acidic and blueberry taste.  The aftertaste was pleasantly acidic.  I really enjoyed this wine on it own.  But it got even better with food.  With Salmon Croquettes, the slight acidity of the wine was cut  and the berry flavors were more pronounced.  I had the Atlantic Salmon entree.  With this food, the acidity was cut even more and the berry flavors were pronounced with some plum ones as well. 
Atlantic Salmon
Salmon Croquette


No comments:

Post a Comment