Sunday, March 18, 2018

Tasting - Camelot Mead

Camelot Mead
Name: Camelot Mead
Variety: Honey
Region: Bloomington, Indiana
Country: United States
Year: none
Price: $6.99

Wine Review: "Really sweet with honey aftertaste. Floral aroma. Nearly clear white. Tastes like a white wine with a touch of honey more than it does a mead. Pretty average."  3.1 stars (Greg Wilson)

My Review: I've only tried mead on other time.  It rained while my boyfriend and I were at Busch Gardens in Williamsburg, so we went inside a restaurant, saw they did a mead flight, and tried it.  Each one was very distinct and had complex flavors, I really enjoyed them.  So when I saw this wine at Kroger, I thought I'd try it.  It had none of the complex and intense flavors I was expecting.  I could only smell honey, nothing complex.  It had a light sweet honey flavor.  I was not very impressed and wish it had had more flavor.  Maybe next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment